Warning

Sexual situations contained within this story and some sim nudity too. I tried to keep the explanations to a minimum but I am a romance writer. 80)

Chapter 4 part 1

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

For the three years following their departure from the farm, Ava and her sister had undergone the most grueling of tortures, for their grandmother Beatrice insisted upon their tutelage in the ways of society.


Much to Ava’s chagrin, Beatrice insisted that she learn to play the piano and spend hour upon hour sitting upon a hard lounge embroidering. In which Ava may have found enjoyable had it not been insisted upon that she spend six hours a day with the tiny needle creating a picture with the thread.

Yet the worst of her torture, as she came to find, was the two hours every day that she was expected to spend, practicing how to glide across the floor with her shoulders held back and her spine straight.

Ava’s only solace was their grandfather George, duke of Wilshire who lavished affection upon her at every opportune moment and more often than not was devising a plan to sneak her off from tutoring to go galvanting about the country side on one of their many horses.

Such a wonderful man, with his smiling blue eyes and booming voice, that no one not even her grandmother could deny when he commanded attention.

Still, as much as she despised the daily torture Ava enjoyed watching her sister grow from the awkward young girl of thirteen into a beautiful young woman, just about to celebrate her sixteenth birthday. More over she relished watching her sister’s friendship with a neighbor of the same age blossom into love.

Pierre Dubois was a charming young lad with honey hair and velvety brown eyes.
Their grandmother on the other hand was set on not approving of the relationship, being that his family was not of society and had only become wealthy with land when his grandparents had immigrated to America from France some ten years before.

Ava made her best effort to shield Catherine from their grandmothers prejudice against the lack of nobility and constantly found herself in heated debate with Beatrice over the relationships course.

On the day of Catherine’s sixteenth birthday, while Ava tried her best to perform on the piano forte, their grandmother entered the salon, fixating her emerald gaze upon her as she began to speak.

“Ava, Catherine,” She began regally. “This Friday we leave for England, for Ava’s announcement.” Beatrice finished with a grimace at Ava’s playing.

“WHY?” Catherine cried out in shock, her eyes clouding with untold emotion causing Ava to wonder at the sudden outburst and suspect the answer had something to do with Cat's late night wanderings out of the house, she merely prayed that her sister was maintaining her virtue.

“It is your sister’s announcement,” Beatrice proudly re-iterated, her words tinged with annoyance at Catherine’s lack of thought.

Silently Ava’s heart sank, she desperately hoped for more time before her announcement, more time to allow for her to find the young man. Despite her knowledge that it was soon coming for according to her grandmother she was already older than many of the girls she would be entering her season with. Inwardly she grimaced, wanting to wait for if, her grandmother had her way then she would surely be betrothed before she even had the opportunity to find him.

Masking her heartbreak at the announcement , Ava turned to face Beatrice, “Grandmother, I do not believe that I am ready,” she demurred, in in hopes of prolonging the inevitable, for how could she ever tell the duchess of the man that her heart belonged when she had not a name to place.
Henry rode the bay gallantly into the drive late in the evening, it had to be at least midnight when he arrived and he silently hoped that his family would be abed. Quietly so as not to wake the sleeping household he crept into the house, only to find his mother per her usual, reading in the parlour.

“My son” Eleanor Grant, quietly cried out in joy, for it had been several months since Henry had last been home. “You look peaked,” she motherly stated rising and taking his cheek into her soft hand.

“I am just tired mother,” Henry replied truthfully as he smiled upon the gentle woman and gave her a perfunctory kiss upon the cheek. “it has been a long journey from England, so please do not be upset, but I wish to go to my chambers and sleep,” he stated not wishing to spend any further time awake as he pulled away and began towards the stairs.

Eleanor was taken aback for the briefest of moments, yet understood the weariness of travel, “Very well I shall let you retire, but I must tell you,” she began excitedly, “We’ve found a bride worthy of you” Eleanor cried out excitedly.

Henry’s heart sank at his mothers words, for it had been two years since he’d last seen Ava and despite his many efforts had been unable to find of her location.

He had gone to the farm several months after he’d sent his Hunter to find his object of affection had been sent to live with relatives; relative’s in which her father had been unwilling to speak of and now as he continued his search he knew he was not ready to marry, for she was the only in which he desired.

“We leave this Friday for England,” Eleanor finished brightly, unnoticing of his drooping spirits.

Without a further word, Henry made his way up the stairs, his heart aching for in less than three months, he would be married to a woman of his parents choosing and his efforts, his hearts true desire would forever be lost…

Alexander strolled through the gardens with his uncle, trying his best to ignore the grim look of unhappiness that stretched across Roberto’s face.

“Alexander, you must marry soon” Roberto finally stated, as they stood before the pond. “for I must know that next year when I announce your procession to the throne you will have a queen beside you,” he explained, pausing with a far away look in his gaze “besides I wish to know that Sophia has a woman’s care,” he finished, the words sinking hard against Alex’s heart.

“Sophia did not care for any of the ladies in which I courted,” Alexander responded doing his best to hide the small smile of satisfaction at the remembrance of her actions against them. In truth, her actions had never frustrated him for he himself didnt care for the ladies his uncle had deemed worthy of a partnership with either. Alexander enjoyed his freedom, enjoyed his dalliances with the many women that threw themselves at his feet.

“I hardly consider allowing her to let a muddy pig loose within the manner while you entertained lady Elizabeth humorous,” Roberto snarled “I give you six months to find a suitable queen” he continued, impatience and anger coating his words, “or else I will choose for you,” Roberto finished before turning and storming away from Alex, into the castle.

Alexander knew that his uncle had not been happy of late, how could he be, Queen Veronica only spoke to him during fancy soirees and belittled his country people, and ever since she threatened to leave if he did remove Sophia and himself from the the castle. Alex had seen a change in his eye, his heart, his very soul, yet he knew that Roberto loved Sophia and he as if they were his own, but he was somehow hardened and filled with unknown guilt; Alex also knew that he was earnest when he told him to find a bride or he would choose for him.

Friday dawned early, too early for Ava’s particular taste yet begrudgingly she stood as her hand maid Gertrude dressed her in a wool traveling gown, her brown eyes twinkling with excitement. “I know you are not happy for the trip my lady, but I am ecstatic, for it has been years since I saw my mother and sister.” she exclaimed happily she tightened the corset that her grandmother insisted she wear.

“I am truly happy for your fortune,” Ava demurred wishing to not deflate her joy; for it wasn’t Gertie’s fault she was unhappy. While she silently pondered if she would be just as unhappy had she never met him, wondering if she would be excited to see the world in which she had merely grown up hearing only stories of.

Suddenly she panicked as it occurred to her, what if their father did not know where to send his letters, in which she and Catherine had become so accustomed.

True to his word their father had written them every day, and she and Catherine would write back about the adventures that they experienced; Ava frowned as she remembered his last letter, that came bearing news that Margaret had birthed twins, a boy named Joseph and a girl they named Michelle. Their father had been happy but expressed that he would have gladly traded the two just to hold them in his arms once more.

Ava had pleaded with grandmother that day, to let them go and visit him, only too receive utter refusal, for according to her society did not mingle with commoners.

The memory brought the briefest of smiles to Ava’s face as she remembered how her temper had flared. “Grandmother, no matter how you view it, we were not always of society and try as hard as you may you will never strip away from us the fact that we were born as commoners and our hearts and souls will forever stay so.” Ava had pointedly cried out, refusing to bow to the demands of nobility.

Even though her grandmother had retaliated by locking her in her chamber and ordering that all her possesions be removed, Ava had to this day, still refused to retract her statement, for she dearly loved her father. and in turn the day was not nearly as horrid as her captor had wished, for Ava it had ended up being a time of reflection. Peacefully she gazed out her window, watching as the sun made it's course through the sky, watching with awe as a grand full moon took the place of daylight. Yet that eve when Beatrice came to check upon her, in the hopes that she would have seen the error of her comment, Ava refused to lament. For she had spoken the truth that lay within her heart and to her it was an accomplishment of sorts, rebellious as it may have been.

It was nearly dusk when the courier came up the drive; Charles stood impatiently waiting for his goods, his letter from dear Ava and Catherine.

“Good Eve Charles” the well looking young man greeted with a thrust of the thick paper to him.

“Good eve, Robert” Charles responded hungrily reaching for the parcel, barely able to contain his excitement as he hurriedly ripped into the paper ignoring the wave the courier offered on his way off.

Dearest Father,


I pray I’ve bad tidings this day, for Grandmother has just informed Catherine and I that we leave this Friday for England. I am to be announced, yet in honesty I fear it is not what I wish. In truth I would much prefer to be home on the farm with you and my newest siblings. Yet I can merely console myself with the knowledge that my heart always shall be.

I myself am unknowing of our destination, yet I promise with all my love that as soon as I am aware I shall send you word, so we may continue our correspondence.

Charles paused in his reading, he had always known this day would come and yet to hear of it opened a new wound within his heart. Sadly he brought the note back to his gaze so as to finish reading.
On the day when I found of this, I asked of Grandmother to allow Catherine and I visit.
Yet she merely responded with the impropriety of nobility socializing with the common.
Although I believe you most heartily would have laughed, for I found it to be of great importance to remind her that, had she not seen fit to elevate
Catherine and I from our common beginnings, we too would be just so.

Although, I fear it angered her much, for she locked me in my chambers for an entire day and eve. Not just this, she ordered all my personal effects be removed as well.

Yet I am to this day unwilling to apologize, for I know in my heart I have spoken the truth.
It is quite humorous, for I do not know what she finds more aggrevating, my lack of
remorse or that I am correct in my assumptions.

As it is getting late, I must leave you with both Catherines and my love.

Love and Regards,

Ava Morgan
Charles did find solace in his daughters words, and as her letter had said he found himself chuckling at the visions that danced before his eyes of his beloved daughter standing there saying such to the Duchess. He knew that Ava had always been of fiery temper and could easily envision her standing there saying just that, his only regret being he could not witness Beatrices reaction, nor protect his daughter from her wrath.

18 comments:

S@n said...

Wonderful update, I was really looking forward to this chapter and I have to say I loved it...

I hope Henry and Ava will meet in England but I'm already predicting Alexander might also be there, lol could it be a love triangle?

I find Alexander very handsome, even more attractive than Henry, but he is a bit of a womanizer...

I think Beatrice will prefer Alexander to marry Ava... but we already know Ava's feelings...

oh this is getting really exciting! I can't hardly wait for part 4-2...

And Catherine has grown into a beautiful lady... I really hope for her own happiness she won't make the same mistakes her mother did...

Your pictures are Beautiful, my favorites are the ones of Ava and her grandfather riding the horses... beautiful sequence...

And your writing, Perfect, beautiful, descriptive and so true to the era...

Beautiful done! Bravo!

ps. I love all the little plots you have going on... all the characters really add a lot of depth to the story! Fantastic update!!

cheripye said...

Thank you Sandy,

I am keeping my lips sealed,
Love triangle or no? 80) LOL

Alexander is a womanizer/Rake, I really want to work more with his character but am kinda stuck there, LOL.

And yes I like Alex more myself.

He is one of my favorite sims.

Henry and Ava will meet again, but I think all will be surprised with the outcome.

Thanks for reading and commenting, I am glad you enjoyed. As far as the horse sequence goes, the shots seemed to come naturally and they were all so good, LOL. I had to use them.

Thank you again

Mao said...

Dundundunnnn! I forsee some issues involving Ava, a certain young man, and another searching for a Queen. This should be interesting, indeed.

I am also curious as to what Catherine has been doing. Hopefully not what I think! Yikes! She's such a pretty sim. She looks so much like her mum, lets hope she doesn't make the same mistakes...

Twins! Yikes! They've got their hands full, that's for sure. But hey, there's a boy in there. That's always a plus.

cheripye said...

Thank you mao,

I am glad you enjoyed, although got to keep my mouth shut, things with Ava and Catherine are not always what they seem.

With Catherine i havent an idea what I am going to do with her. LOL

S.B. said...

You are really weaving a fabulous tale here!

Henry and Ava.

Alexander and Ava? Maybe?

Beatrice the -- ok, the well intentioned matchmaker.

Catherine and...LOL! She is certainly beautiful and I'm sure not going to throw stones at her!

Alexander needs someone to take him DOWN.

Really beautiful shots! I do not know how you manage to find all that period CC! I would love to have the riding clothes though!

Very very well done!

cheripye said...

Thank you beth,

Most of the CC comes from all about style, but there is also some at TSR and MTS2.

I am keeping mum on what is going to happen, although I am trying to write a chapter solely dedicated to Alex, although I am having quite a bit of difficulty. LOL

S@n said...

I'm glad to hear you will dedicate a whole chapter to Alex, lol I'm really looking forward to read his background story, etc....

I love his eyes.. there is something about him that makes him stand up from your other sims, I love his facial hair too!Even if you say he is a rake, lol he has such a sweet face and those eyes could melt anyone... but maybe he is too late to melt Ava away... lol looks like Henry left a big impression on her and that first love is not easy to forget... and I do believe it was love at first sight :D lol

Again you writing is engrossing and beautiful and your pictures capture the mood of the story really well, great job!

cheripye said...

Sandy,

His eyes come from Rensim, but Alex is a creation of my own, as well as Ava, Catherine, Beatrice, George, Henry, Charles and Margaret.

Generally I use only my own sims, if your interested I will try and upload him somewhere if I can figure it out, that way you can play with him too. LOL,

I am having a few road blocks with his background story, but will definately try.

S@n said...

:D Thank you Cheripye!!!

If it is not too much trouble, I would love to have him! :D
If you can't figure it out... then it's ok, I will keep on drooling every time I come to read your story! :D

I don't create sims, unless I really really have to, every sim I use I downloaded from Insim. or MTS... or they were born in the game...

Thank you again!

thewynd said...

Well this chapter was fabulous! I am thoroughly expecting Ava and Henry to meet again in England. As for Catherine, I hope she has not been foolish...

Really looking forward to how events unfold in England! Glad to see that Beatrice has not broken Ava either. Good for her to stand up to her parentage.

Looking forward to part 2!

Emily said...

Loved it again! Such a wonderful sort of romantic story, but I too wonder if Ava will be the next candidate for queen?! Who knows, maybe she'll like Alexander if they meet, he is quite handsome!

I loved the last sequence with the letter, the images were so creative and the writing was fabulous. Her father's reaction was perfect and I'm so happy they will still be able to keep in touch despite what that nasty Beatrice wants! Great chapter, I'm almost caught up now~ :)

cheripye said...

Thank you Emily,

I worked hard on the letters, tried to get them perfect. I dont know where to get some readable letters for the game...

Yes possibly next candidate, dont really know yet, I have the original story which I have been following fairly closely... But want to do something a little different.

I am glad you are almost caught up...And very happy that you are enjoying.

I am truly a romantic at heart... and for the most part that is what my writing is, although when I posted on tsr I had to tone it down extremely. As well I am a little shy in posting my romance now, alot of the times what I write makes me blush, LOL.

KDSGS said...

Cherie, this was delightful! I love the depth of your shots, the obvious time and care you take to decorate your sets/rooms. And I saw one of my wallpapers! *squeal* LOL!!!

Also you are becoming quite adept at photoshop, I think you will be our 'go-to' girl for this! LOL!

This is being set-up beautifully. Poor Henry. I feel for him, and Ava. So many marriages were arranged back then. God Forbid you married for love, social standing and alliances were everything. And you have brought that point across very effectively.
Alexander looks like an interesting character!
Off to read some more,
great work mate!

Oh, and your writing is true to the period, lush and descriptive.

And don't worry about blushing about what you write. It took me a while to get up the courage to post some steamy stuff (Corinne's encounter comes to mind) once you do it, it is very liberating! Things are heating up at Thunder Valley now! LOL! I also love the historial romance genre...only discovered it about 2 years ago!!!

cheripye said...

Thanks Karen,

I try really hard with my decorations, and as far as your wallpapers and floors go, I am a huge fan!!!

Photoshop and I are still learning eachother, it’s still hit and miss but I learn quickly and will eventually get better, LOL.

Arranged marriages, Henry, Ava and Alexander… Definitely plenty more twists and turns up ahead, many of which will shock and surprise…And thank you so much, I hardly feel that my writing can stand up to all of you ladies… And am so honored to have been offered an invite to your group.

Definitely have plenty of steamy scenes coming… In debate if I want to try and find the um… anatomically correct male sims, LOL!!! And yes I very much enjoyed the collective, it was great… I suppose it is time to shed my shyness considering I have been married for 6 years, LOL…

Thanks again…

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cheri this was a wonderful chapter! You are definitely making some very beautiful pictures with your photoshop! I can't mention them all but I LOVED THEM ALL!! :wub:

Cheri, your decorations on your lots are marvelous! The first pictures of the house were the girls are now, looks very rich and elegant, every detail, PERFECT!

I can't wait to see what happens when they both go to England! (Henry and Ava) And Alex, and Pedro, well another twist there! ;)

Great story my friend! :rah:

cheripye said...

Oh Thank you Zayury!!!

Unfortunately when I had computer issues I did lose this lot. ACK!!! spent a week on it... 80(

Henry and Ava... Well they are too perfect, lol! Alex is such a guy, LOL!

So glad you are enjoying!!!

Astral Faery said...

I don't really think Ava needs any protecting from Beatrice's wrath - she seems quite able to take care of herself! I'm glad she doesn't see reason to apologize - I don't blame her. I kind of got a kick out of her being locked in her room, stripped of her things - I've heard of modern day teens being punished in just the same way, lol!

Okay, so she's leaving Friday, and Henry is leaving Friday, and they're both heading to England - this is good, right? They could bump into each other.

But then there's Alexander's need to find a suitable wife - and seeing the header picture, where it certainly looks like he and Ava are dancing (very pretty picture, by the way), I fear Henry and Ava may never be together. :(

Ugh - 6 hours a day embroidering? Boooring! Ava is much to free spirited to enjoy a life like that. She needs adventure and excitement.

That was harsh when Charles said he would gladly trade his newborn baby twins just to hold his daughters again! That just made me sick to my stomach. I understand his heartache, but does he have no attachment for his new children who live with him and need a father? Those poor kids - and poor Margaret! Sometimes I have a very poor opinion of Charles.

Exciting chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next!

cheripye said...

LOL! No Ava doesn’t need much protecting from anyone, she will certainly hold her own. And when I was 14 I mouthed off too my dad and had the exact same thing happen to me. He even went as far as to turn my door knob around and locked it from the outside. I had to knock when I had to go to the restroom. That was the dullest day of my life I tell you. And still I didn’t see fit to say apologize either. LOL! So I used it in a comical sort of way here.

They could bump into one another, yes…

I knew I should have done a different Header, it gives away so much without saying much, LOL! Oh wait I didn’t say that, it is just a picture. LOL! There are things at play in this dramatic world that cannot unfortunately be undone. 80( and thank you for the comment on the picture. It certainly isn’t my favorite, but my brother is taking forever to draw me my butterfly. LOL!

Now as far as Henry goes, I doubt you’ll be saying poor Henry soon enough, *wink*

I love to embroider and crochet but I could not handle being stuck doing it for 6 hours, so I figured what a better way to punish a young lady who prefers romping about in nature. And what a more fitting reason to loathe her grandmother all the more.

Yes it was Harsh, but I promise Charles gets better in the future, 80) he really does… 80) More explained later in the story.

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP